World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will introduce a whole new gameplay experience in the unspoiled lands of Pandaria. The fourth expansion gives players beautifully designed environments to explore, exciting new scenarios, pet battles and even a new talent system. Blizzard has went all out with this new expansion and players can even journey to an all new level cap of 90. The immersive storyline and talented voice-over work will make fans feel right at home as they are thrust into the action and conflict of the new world. The servers are immaculate this time around and we can report no problems with logging in or lag―which made the overall gameplay experience very enjoyable!
The talent system has been upgraded for the better and now you can choose between three new talents every fifteen levels. This has made it much simpler to navigate and allows players to spend more time on all the new content available to them. Fans of the series will appreciate the much added detail that the Mists of Pandaria expansion offers up―rather your new to the series or a veteran player. The new dungeon challenge mode and the pet battles add a whole new level of replay value to the series. I found myself completely immersed in the 5-player time trials where you can earn prestige rewards inside the Dungeon "Challenge" mode. The new pet battle adds a level of Pokemon fun to the game where you can capture, train and level pets from the wild to challenge other players' pets in classic turn based fight style.
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is by far the best expansion released for the series. Players will find a variety of great new content which will have them immersed within in the lands of Pandaria for hours on end. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is now available for PC and Mac and can be purchased for $39.99 and fans can get their hands on the Collector’s Edition for $79.99. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is rated T for Teen: Blood and Gore, Crude Humor, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence. For more information on the game, check out the official Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria website.
- New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde as World of Warcraft's first neutral playable race, and explore their unique starting zone: the Wandering Isle.
- New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- New Continent: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic new zones of the Pandaria designed for high-level characters.
- Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
- Dungeon "Challenge" Modes: Master the ultimate 5-player time trial and earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players' companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game. Level up your companions and discover pets in the wild to round out your roster.
- Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Platforms: PC (reviewed) & Mac
Release Date: September 25, 2012