Dyscourse Gets New Indie Plane Crash Bonus Story
From the Press Release
Dyscourse, the new psychological survival adventure game from Owlchemy Labs (Snuggle Truck, Jack Lumber), will ship with an additional bonus scenario titled “Indie Plane Crash,” containing cameos by ten beloved independent game developers. The game, which tasks players to survive on a mysterious island in the aftermath of a freak plane crash, will now also explore the resulting antics of a group of highly regarded game industry professionals who are “technically talented, but utterly useless in survival situations”.
The cast of characters so far confirmed to be marooned include:
- Tim Schafer (Psychonauts, Broken Age / Double Fine)
- Edmund McMillen (Super Meat Boy / Team Meat)
- Phil Tibitoski (Octodad / Young Horses)
- Alexander Bruce (Antichamber / Independent)
- Ron Carmel (World of Goo / 2D Boy)
- Robin Hunicke (Journey, thatgamecompany / Funomena)
- Ichiro Lambe (Aaaaa! / Dejobaan Games)
- Adam Saltsman (Canabalt, Hundreds / Semi Secret Software)
- Will Stallwood (Auditorium / Cipher Prime)
- Rami Ismail (Super Crate Box, Ridiculous Fishing / Vlambeer)
"They can code, but can they catch cod?" asked Owlchemy Chief Scientist Alex Schwartz. "This additional scenario will explore what happens when these stars of the indie scene have to sleep under the big sky, fighting the elements and potentially each other to survive until rescue."
Dyscourse, slated to launch in 2014 for PC/Mac/Linux is currently being funded on Kickstarter with 17 days remaining in the campaign.
To learn more, visit the official Dyscourse website.