Diluvion Review (PC)
Arachnid Games and Gambitious Digital Entertainment release Diluvion.
The Jules-Verne inspired title Diluvion is a deep sea exploration game with some fantastic RPG elements. Players take the reign as captain of their new vessel and begin their search for the underwater secrets of the past while engaging in intense combat sessions. Gamers explore an exquisitely designed flooded world centuries after the Calamity.
Humanity is now forced to live under a layer of unbreakable ice after the oceans swept the world by the Great Flood. The survival of the entire human race hangs in the balance as you take control of your own submarine to explore the secrets of humanity.
Players are tasked with hiring crew members to accompany them throughout their quests based on individual needs and battles. As you make your way through the 3D and 2D painted world you will discover new towns, battle terrifying sea creatures, and take on rival submarines. You have the ability to upgrade your home base and vessel (9 pilotable submarines) to gain notoriety and wealth. The game's intense soundtrack really sets the mood for your entire adventure.
Diluvion has three zones to explore and each one has its own factions and stories. You can advance through the game by properly managing your resources and recruiting the right crew for your missions. The game also has a great loot system with the ability to collect rare items by venturing into hidden quests found off the beaten path.
One of the best aspects of Diluvion is the game's navigation system which resembles that of the one used by fisherman based on landmarks and a compass. You soon find out that the ocean is a massive place and finding new landmarks to add to your map helps you navigate your way through the underwater trenches. There is a wide array of weapons at your disposal, like the bolt gun, which makes underwater combat even more engaging. However, after all of your exploration and combat, you have to remember to keep an eye on your key resource which is oxygen. There are oxygen tanks available throughout the game and docking at towns, ships and other structures can all automatically refill your tanks.
In the end, Diluvion is an engaging and immersive title that manages to take players on an underwater adventure like no other. To learn more, visit the official Diluvion website.
- A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore, each with their own factions, local stories and more.
- Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine, and seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities.
- Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons to engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly terrifying creatures.
- Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you by recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills and personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
- Upgradeable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel by acquiring new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle, and gain access to new areas by increasing its dive depth by collecting hull amour plates.
- 9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines, each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses.
- Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart, as resources are limited and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels should you wish to keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea.
- Upgradeable Home Base: Build- and grow your own base of operations under the sea to house all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth, as upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities, such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
- Loot System: The world is filled with rare loot and hidden quests to discover…. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path.
- Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures and mysteries undersea anomalies!
Reviewed for PC